Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Hear “Scandalous Stories” from krewe captains at free Gasparilla event
Posted Jan 13, 2014 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jan 13, 2014 at 12:48 PM
Flags are flying and booty is being hoarded in anticipation of Tampa’s pirate season.
It’s Gasparilla time and events are starting to pop up on the calendar to feed the pirate frenzy.
Join a celebrity panel of past krewe Captains on Friday, Jan. 17 at 6:45 p.m. for a free evening of “Tall Tales & Scandalous Stories” about past Gasparilla seasons.
The event is a kick-off for the opening of “Gasparilla: A Tampa Tradition” at the Henry B. Plant Museum, 401 W. Kennedy Blvd., Tampa.
The exhibit displays Krewe of Gasparilla memorabilia-coronation robes, ball invitations, programs, crowns and costumes as well as vintage photographs of the invasion, parade floats, pirates and royal courts.
Admission for the “Scandalous Stories” panels is free, however the “Tampa Tradition” museum exhibit fee is $10 for adults, $7 for seniors, $7 for students and $5 for children 4 - 12 years of age.
Plant Museum is located at 401 W. Kennedy Blvd., Tampa.
For more information, call (813) 258-7302 or visit http://plantmuseum.com/.