Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Have fun, climb a tree
Posted Oct 15, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Oct 15, 2013 at 08:56 AM
Even city kids can do what kids have done for ages; go climb a tree.
Pathfinder http://pathfinder-ed.org/community/tree-climbing.php, an outdoor adventure program, has open climbs on the first Saturday of the month for only $10. The next scheduled climb is on Saturday, Nov. 2.
Participants use a rope and pulley system and the activity can be enjoyed by almost everyone. You don’t need to have strong arm strength, just coordination.
The climb can be enjoyed by children as young as six years old and is on a first-come first-served basis at Lakeview Presbyterian Church, located at 1310 22nd Avenue South, St. Petersburg.
Tree climbing can also be enjoyed at their various on-site climbs. Pathfinder is scheduled to be at the St. Pete Science Festival on the USF campus and at Boktoberfest at Bok Tower Gardens.
If you have questions about the activity, visit Pathfinder’s FAQ page at http://pathfinder-ed.org/community/docs/2012Open%20Climb%20FAQ.pdf.