Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Half price pet adoptions for the holiday weekend
Posted May 22, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated May 22, 2013 at 10:35 AM
In honor of Memorial Day, Hillsborough County Animal Services will be open the entire holiday weekend with half-price pet adoptions.
Adoption fees are as follows during the weekend specials:
* Dogs - $42.50 or $17.50 for senior citizens 62 and over
* Puppies (6 months and younger) - $62.50 or $32.50 for senior citizens
* Cats and kittens - $25.00 or $12.50 for senior citizens
The shelter will also be open special hours on Monday: from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Military members and their families will be treated to reduced adoption fees of just $20.
All adopted animals are spayed or neutered, vaccinated, micro-chipped, and licensed with county tag. Adopters will also receive a goodie bag. Hillsborough County Animal Services is located at 440 N Falkenburg Rd., Tampa.
For more shelter information or to view currently available adoptables, visit http://hillsboroughcounty.org/animalservices .