Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Get a free SunPass Mini on Thursday
- Hearing aid battery giveaway scheduled
- Free sample roundup
- Join the zoo, get a free family meal
- De Soto National Memorial offers free kayak tours
- Florida resident discount this summer at Dinosaur World
- Aquarium discounts admission during Summer Fun Nights
- Crepe Myrtle sale to benefit literacy program
- Free bang and beard trims at JCPenney salons
- Dads admitted free at Mote Aquarium on Sunday
- Free horror movie series this summer in downtown Tampa
- Free healthy eating carnival on Saturday
- Dads admitted free to Henry B. Plant Museum on Father’s Day
- Discounted USF vanity tags available through voucher
- More kid movies on the cheap for summer fun
Gulfport Fresh Market features free clothing swap
Posted Jun 4, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jun 5, 2012 at 12:27 PM
The Gulfport Tuesday Fresh Market now has a regularly occurring feature. The second Tuesday of each month features a free clothing swap.
On Tuesday (June 12) from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., participants are invited to bring up to five gently used garments to exchange for vouchers that may be used to select clothing brought in by others. Items may be for women, men or children. Gently used shoes and wardrobe accessories are also accepted. Hangers should be provided for all garments. Vouchers may also be purchased for $3 each.
The swap takes place in the courtyard adjacent to the historic Peninsula Inn at 2937 Beach Blvd. S.
Donations of clothing above the five-garment limit are encouraged and accepted. All additional donations should be contained in bags or boxes. All cash proceeds, donated clothing, and non-selected garments at the end of the swap will be donated to Community Action Stops Abuse (CASA). CASA is a local non-profit organization providing services to survivors of abuse or violence.
In case of rain, the next clothing swap is scheduled for Tuesday, July 10.