Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Gulfport Fresh Market features free clothing swap
Posted Jun 4, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jun 5, 2012 at 12:27 PM
The Gulfport Tuesday Fresh Market now has a regularly occurring feature. The second Tuesday of each month features a free clothing swap.
On Tuesday (June 12) from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., participants are invited to bring up to five gently used garments to exchange for vouchers that may be used to select clothing brought in by others. Items may be for women, men or children. Gently used shoes and wardrobe accessories are also accepted. Hangers should be provided for all garments. Vouchers may also be purchased for $3 each.
The swap takes place in the courtyard adjacent to the historic Peninsula Inn at 2937 Beach Blvd. S.
Donations of clothing above the five-garment limit are encouraged and accepted. All additional donations should be contained in bags or boxes. All cash proceeds, donated clothing, and non-selected garments at the end of the swap will be donated to Community Action Stops Abuse (CASA). CASA is a local non-profit organization providing services to survivors of abuse or violence.
In case of rain, the next clothing swap is scheduled for Tuesday, July 10.