Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Give music, get music in annual Gasparilla Music fest instrument drive
Posted Jan 23, 2014 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jan 23, 2014 at 02:25 PM
Donate a used musical instrument, enjoy a day of live music.
Recycled Tunes, a program through Gasparilla Music Festival that places donated instruments in needy Hillsborough county schools, will host its second annual instrument drive on Saturday Feb. 8.
Instruments can be donated between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. in the parking lot on Ashley Drive, across from Curtis Hixon Park, 600 N. Ashley Dr., Tampa. For every instrument donated the donor will receive their choice of a Saturday or Sunday one day general admission GMF 2014 ticket.
Gasparilla Music Fest is scheduled March 8 and 9.
Musical instrument donors will also be entered to win one of three grand prizes.
Instruments are repaired through the donated services of Don Banks Music (http://www.donbanksmusic.com/) and placed in music programs at underpriviliged schools throughout Hillsborough County. Last year’s instrument drive placed 25 instruments in schools.
For more information about the event, visit https://www.facebook.com/events/706802136007813/
For more information about the Gasparilla Music Festival and to see a lineup of the acts scheduled to perform, visit http://gasparillamusicfestival.com/