Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Give generously at Kindness Day, get goodies
Posted Nov 27, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Nov 27, 2012 at 10:43 AM
TBO.com, The Tampa Tribune and News Channel 8 will once again host Kindness Day on Friday, Dec. 7.
Donations for Tampa-area charities including Feeding America, Teddy Bear Roundup and Toys for Tots will be collected from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
at 202 S. Parker St.
Florida Blood Services will also be on hand for much-needed blood donations.
Donors will receive the following gifts for donating to one or all of the charities (while supplies last):
• EVOS - Buy-one, get-one free sandwich coupon
• 2013 Florida Strawberry Festival free admission ticket
• Two free Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus tickets
Needed items for the day include new teddy bears, canned and nonperishable foods, new unwrapped toys and willing blood donors.