Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Get your “Shriek” on early at Zoo Boo
Posted Sep 13, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Sep 13, 2012 at 04:06 PM
If you can’t wait for Halloween, your early bird tendencies can pay off.
Those wishing to visit Lowry Park Zoo’s “Zoo Boo” event early can save money during the “Shriek Peek” weekend.
On Friday (Sept. 28) and Saturday (Sept. 29) from 7 - 11 p.m. everyone is admitted for only $10.
The regular admission price for the rest of the special engagement is $14 for children ages 3 - 11 and $17 for adults (ages 11 and up).
Zoo Boo is a family Halloween event with six haunts ranging in scare intensity. There are also viewings of normally nocturnal animals and rides among a Halloween setting. The event takes place on the weekends and runs through Oct. 28.
Zoo Boo organizers do warn that the Shriek Peek weekend is a “soft opening” for the event and there may be technical difficulties or unexpectedly closed attractions. No refunds or rain checks will be issued in this instance.
For information, visit LowryParkZoo.com.