Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Military skate free at United Skates in Tampa
- Books sales offer opportunities to stock up
- Free fishing days coming up soon
- Military admitted free to Lowry Park Zoo
- Donate blood, choose your rewards
- Half price pet adoptions for the holiday weekend
- Plant Museum offering free admission to military, families
- Military treated to free wings on Memorial Day
- Florida Museum of Natural History offers free admission to military
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Memorial Day
- Kids treated to free food, t-shirt and fun at Ikea
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Saturday
- Pet-A-Palooza is free fun for both people and pets
- Military admitted free to Florida Aquarium Memorial Day weekend
Get your “Shriek” on early at Zoo Boo
Posted Sep 13, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Sep 13, 2012 at 04:06 PM
If you can’t wait for Halloween, your early bird tendencies can pay off.
Those wishing to visit Lowry Park Zoo’s “Zoo Boo” event early can save money during the “Shriek Peek” weekend.
On Friday (Sept. 28) and Saturday (Sept. 29) from 7 - 11 p.m. everyone is admitted for only $10.
The regular admission price for the rest of the special engagement is $14 for children ages 3 - 11 and $17 for adults (ages 11 and up).
Zoo Boo is a family Halloween event with six haunts ranging in scare intensity. There are also viewings of normally nocturnal animals and rides among a Halloween setting. The event takes place on the weekends and runs through Oct. 28.
Zoo Boo organizers do warn that the Shriek Peek weekend is a “soft opening” for the event and there may be technical difficulties or unexpectedly closed attractions. No refunds or rain checks will be issued in this instance.
For information, visit LowryParkZoo.com.