Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Get wet without getting soaked at aquatic center
Posted Jun 11, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jun 11, 2012 at 10:13 AM
Take advantage of the heat and sunshine this month with some super cheap swim deals at the Highland Family Aquatic Center.
This city of Largo public recreation center is open to the public and more like a mini waterpark than a pool.
It features multiple slides and play elements and a zero-depth entry area for little ones.
During the month of June it offers a schedule of “Itty Bitty Splashtime,” a preschooler-and-mom water activity play date for $1.50 per person.
The event is offered June 13, 15, 18, 20, 25, 27 and 29 from 9:45 until 10:45 a.m.
Call (727)518-3018 for more information.
For the older kids there are “Teen Tidalwave Tuesdays” on June 12, 19 and 26 from 7 - 9 p.m.
In addition to the lure of the water there are snacks and giveaways from sponsors planned.
The event costs $3 per teen.
The aquatic center is located at 400 Highland Ave, Largo.