Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Florida Museum of Natural History offers free admission to military
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Memorial Day
- Kids treated to free food, t-shirt and fun at Ikea
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Saturday
- Pet-A-Palooza is free fun for both people and pets
- Military admitted free to Florida Aquarium Memorial Day weekend
- Bright House customers treated to free baseball game
- Free microchipping offered at Animal Health Center
- Two weeks of free bus rides to introduce new rapid route
- Visit the zoo for just $6 this Sunday
- Brides can save big at annual Goodwill gown sale
- Free popcorn with food donation at Tampa Theatre
- Moms bowl free at Splitsville
- Moms treated to free beignets at Second Line Cafe
Get wet without getting soaked at aquatic center
Posted Jun 11, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jun 11, 2012 at 10:13 AM
Take advantage of the heat and sunshine this month with some super cheap swim deals at the Highland Family Aquatic Center.
This city of Largo public recreation center is open to the public and more like a mini waterpark than a pool.
It features multiple slides and play elements and a zero-depth entry area for little ones.
During the month of June it offers a schedule of “Itty Bitty Splashtime,” a preschooler-and-mom water activity play date for $1.50 per person.
The event is offered June 13, 15, 18, 20, 25, 27 and 29 from 9:45 until 10:45 a.m.
Call (727)518-3018 for more information.
For the older kids there are “Teen Tidalwave Tuesdays” on June 12, 19 and 26 from 7 - 9 p.m.
In addition to the lure of the water there are snacks and giveaways from sponsors planned.
The event costs $3 per teen.
The aquatic center is located at 400 Highland Ave, Largo.