Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- De Soto National Memorial offers free kayak tours
- Florida resident discount this summer at Dinosaur World
- Aquarium discounts admission during Summer Fun Nights
- Crepe Myrtle sale to benefit literacy program
- Free bang and beard trims at JCPenney salons
- Dads admitted free at Mote Aquarium on Sunday
- Free horror movie series this summer in downtown Tampa
- Free healthy eating carnival on Saturday
- Dads admitted free to Henry B. Plant Museum on Father’s Day
- Discounted USF vanity tags available through voucher
- More kid movies on the cheap for summer fun
- Dads eat free at PDQ on Father’s Day
- Dads treated to free breakfast at McDonald’s
- Dads bowl free at Pin Chasers
- Dads admitted free to Florida Aquarium Father’s Day weekend
Get freebies from your credit card
Posted Sep 18, 2012 by TBO.com
Updated Sep 18, 2012 at 01:34 PM
As a stagnant economy nudges back to life, credit card companies are getting ultracompetitive, and that means perks to entice customers back to borrowing.
Many of the extras are obvious, such as airline miles or cash back. But others require a little reading of the find print in the credit agreement.
You know, that pamphlet most people never read.
“You may have a ton of perks on your credit card and you don’t even know it,” said Gerri Detweiler, director of consumer education for Credit.com.
“Your credit card is not only a convenient way to pay for things; it can also get you a lot of great freebies.”
The key, she said, is to know what each card offers.
Many offer “price protection,” so if something bought with that card goes on sale for a lower price, the card will refund the difference. Others have “free return protection” if you simply don’t like the item.