Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Get free beauty treatment for your birthday
Posted Jun 26, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jun 26, 2013 at 10:02 AM
One way to save on your family’s budget is to take advantage of beauty school services which are offered at deep discounts.
Haircuts, waxing and even facials cost just a fraction of what you pay at a pricey salon.
Locally, Manhattan Hairstyling Academy has six locations where clients can get grooming services at a discount.
Depending on length, a haircut can be as inexpensive as $5. Foil highlights start at $34. Waxing services start at $5.
Sign up to get their email newsletter at http://www.manhattanhairstylingacademy.com/client-services.php and you can save even more.
Newsletter subscribers are treated to a free service of $10 or less for their birthday, a 20% coupon emailed each month, discounts for new client refrerrals and more.