Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Free entry to museums on Museum Day
Posted Sep 22, 2011 by Clarisa Gerlach
Updated Sep 22, 2011 at 04:02 PM
Celebrate Museum Day on Saturday with free admission to several local museums.
Museum Day is an annual event hosted by Smithsonian magazine in which participating museums open their doors to anyone with a Museum Day ticket. To get your ticket, click here and visit the Smithsonian website.
Bay area museums participating include:
• Cracker Country, 5100 Orient Road, Tampa
• Ybor City Museum State Park, 1818 E. Ninth Ave., Tampa
• Tampa Museum of Art (pictured above), 120 W. Gasparilla Plaza, Tampa
• Henry B. Plant Museum, 401 W. Kennedy Blvd. , Tampa
• Morean Arts Center for Clay, 420 22nd St. S., St. Petersburg
• Morean Arts Center, 719 Central Ave., St. Petersburg
• Museum of Fine Arts of St. Petersburg, 255 Beach Dr.
• St. Petersburg Museum of History, 335 Second Ave N.E.
• The Pier Aquarium, 800 Second Ave. N.E., St. Petersburg
• Museum of Fine Arts of St. Petersburg, 255 Beach Drive N.E.
• Florida Holocaust Museum, 55 Fifth Street S., St. Petersburg
• Florida Craftsmen, Inc., 501 Central Ave., St. Petersburg
• The Armed Forces Military Museum, 2050 34th Way N., Largo
• The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art, 5401 Bay Shore Road, Sarasota
• GWIZ - The Science Museum, 1001 Boulevard of the Arts, Sarasota
• Florida Air Museum, 4175 Medulla Road, Lakeland
Click here for a list of all Florida locations.