Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Saturday
- Pet-A-Palooza is free fun for both people and pets
- Military admitted free to Florida Aquarium Memorial Day weekend
- Bright House customers treated to free baseball game
- Free microchipping offered at Animal Health Center
- Two weeks of free bus rides to introduce new rapid route
- Visit the zoo for just $6 this Sunday
- Brides can save big at annual Goodwill gown sale
- Free popcorn with food donation at Tampa Theatre
- Moms bowl free at Splitsville
- Moms treated to free beignets at Second Line Cafe
- Head to Häagen Dazs on Tuesday for a free cone
- Moms treated to free breakfast at McDonald’s
- Moms paint for free at Color Me Mine
Get a pair of prescription glasses for free
Posted Jan 23, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jan 23, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Did this year’s insurance changes find you without vision care?
Or does your plan only pay for one new pair of glasses a year and that’s not enough?
We found a site where you can get a pair of prescription glasses for free!
Coastal.com offers the first pair free to their customers, you just pay shipping and taxes.
Not every pair on the site is eligible, but there are hundreds of choices for men, women and children.
Frame selections on the site spans a vast array of designer brand names including Guess, Umbro, 7 for all Mankind, Lily Pulitzer, Armani, Burberry, Michael Kors and more.
The site offers tools to help you determine the fit and you can virtually “try them on.”
Bear in mind that you need to have a current prescription which includes a bit of data you may have to call the last place you had purchased glasses from to obtain.
At checkout enter the promo code “FIRSTPAIRFREE” and you’ll only pay shipping and tax.
Our total on the test pair we ordered was $12.75.