Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Get a free SunPass Mini on Thursday
Posted Jun 19, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jun 19, 2013 at 12:34 PM
If you regularly travel toll roads but are not currently enrolled in the SunPass program, you can now do so for free.
The Tampa-Hillsborough Expressway Authority will be giving away free SunPass Minis to Selmon Expressway customers who regularly travel on the expressway but who use the toll-by-plate billing system.
The Authority will soon begin using Florida’s Turnpike Enterprise system to issue toll-by-plate invoices as part of a streamlined billing system for all local toll roads.
As a part of this conversion, toll-by-plate customers will have an added $2.50 administrative fee on each invoice, along with their toll transactions.
SunPass customers do not pay an administrative fee and will continue to save money at every toll location. SunPass Minis easily affix to your windshield and are scanned for payment at every toll plaza.
On Thursday, June 20, The expressway authority will be handing out free SunPass Minis to customers who wish to convert from the toll-by-plate billing to the SunPass system.
Just bring a copy of your toll-by-plate video invoice through the East Main Toll Service plaza anytime between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. on Thursday to get the free SunPass Mini.
If you do not have a copy of an invoice, you may still get the free Mini by parking at the service center and going inside to register.
For more information on the giveaway, visit http://www.tampa-xway.com