Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Freebies and deals for voters on Election Day
Posted Nov 5, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Nov 6, 2012 at 12:54 PM
Just for doing your patriotic duty and casting your vote, some local businesses want to show you their appreciation. Just present your “I Voted” sticker or if you voted early or by absentee ballot, your voter ID card to claim the deal.
These offers are what we’ve been able to verify so far. Check back with us to see what else we find!
• Dog treat: Free “Woof Gang Bakery Signature Cookie” if you come in on Election Day with your “I Voted” sticker. Woof Gang Bakery is located at 2516 McMullen Booth Rd., Suite A, Clearwater.
• Drink: Free glass of wine or draft beer with your “I voted” sticker on Election Day at Rigatoni Restaurant & Lounge, 3437 West Kennedy Blvd, Tampa.
• Tea: Stop by TeBella Tea Company on Davis Islands wearing your “I Voted” sticker and claim a 50% off a drink deal. The tea shop is located at 227 Davis Blvd. E in Tampa.
• Fries: On Tuesday, Nov. 6, Burger 21 will give away a free regular-sized order of French fries to each guest who shows his or her “I Voted” sticker when placing an order. No purchase necessary.
Burger 21 has four locations in the Tampa Bay area – Westchase, Carrollwood, New Tampa and Lakeland.
• Doughnuts: Tampa, Lakeland, Palm Harbor and Brandon Krispy Kreme locations are giving away a free doughnut on Election Day “while supplies last.” Reportedly, the sweet treats will feature patriotically-colored sprinkles. The offer is only good on Tuesday during regular business hours. Visit www.krispykreme.com/home for specific location information.
• Free meal: Show your “I Voted” sticker or present your voter registration identification card and receive a free breakfast or a free 10 piece meatball plate on Tuesday. No purchase necessary and one meal per customer. Visit www.ikea.com/us/en/store/tampa/activities for more information.
• Free ride: The Hillsborough Area Regional Transit Authority will offer free rides to voters on Election Day. The customers must present a valid voter registration card to the driver when they get on the bus to get a free ride during regular bus service hours. The offer does not include HARTPlus service or the TECO Line Streetcar System. For more information, visit www.goHART.org.
• Wristband: No free coffee from Starbucks, but fans of this chain who visit U.S. locations on Election Day will get red, white and blue “Indivisible” wristbands while supplies last.
• Yogurt: Proudly wear your “I Voted” sticker (the store only accepts this type of proof) and your first 5 ounces of frozen yogurt is free at the Bloomingdale location of You Say When Yogurt. The store is located at 825 E Bloomingdale Ave. in Brandon. YSWY is open from noon to 10 p.m. on Election Day. For information call (813) 654-3252
• More yogurt: Come in after you voted with your voting sicker and get a free 6 oz. frozen yogurt or homemade ice cream cup at Froyo Fresh, located at 12211 W. Linebaugh Ave., Tampa. Certain restrictions may apply.
• BBQ: On Election Day only, if you visit either the Stadium or South Tampa locations of Holy Hog wearing your “I Voted” sticker, you’ll receive 15% off your meal.
• Pizza: Stop in on Election day at Pizza Fusion Tampa Bay in downtown Tampa (777 N. Ashley Dr.) with your “I Voted” sticker and get a free pizza with a purchase of any specialty pizza. Visit their Facebook page for all the details.