Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- BOGO jump passes this weekend at Airheads
- Ikea “eat for free” deal returns this weekend
- Free Yoga in the park
- Military skate free at United Skates in Tampa
- Books sales offer opportunities to stock up
- Free fishing days coming up soon
- Military admitted free to Lowry Park Zoo
- Donate blood, choose your rewards
- Half price pet adoptions for the holiday weekend
- Plant Museum offering free admission to military, families
- Military treated to free wings on Memorial Day
- Florida Museum of Natural History offers free admission to military
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Memorial Day
- Kids treated to free food, t-shirt and fun at Ikea
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
Free tow, ride home for intoxicated drivers
Posted Dec 26, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Dec 26, 2012 at 11:03 AM
If you have a little too much to drink over the long holiday weekend and are not safe to drive, don’t risk it. Just call (855) 2-TOW-2-GO for a free tow home.
The program is provided by AAA and is free for everyone, not just auto club members.
The free ride is offered now through January 1.
Although the ride is free, there are some restrictions and guidelines:
•Tow trucks can take up to two people home; if there are more people in your party—you will need to make other arrangements to get home safely.
•You can’t make an appointment to use the Tow to Go service, it is designed to be used as a last resort so have a designated driver before you have your first drink.
•If a person is too intoxicated to be safely transported in a tow truck, AAA may need to contact law enforcement to assist with getting the intoxicated individual a safe ride home.