Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Free tours at Port Manatee
Posted Nov 1, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Nov 1, 2012 at 12:50 PM
Port Manatee is accepting reservations for free one-hour tram tours for groups and individuals.
The popular open-air tram tours feature colorful descriptions of interesting port activities and begin at 10 a.m. Mondays and Wednesdays through May 8, 2013.
Port Manatee is a busy Florida port that handles approximately 9 million tons of cargo each year and offers one-and-one-half miles of berthing for ships. Facilities include one million square feet of public warehouse and office space, featuring 202,000 square feet of refrigerated space.
Because of security protocols, when making reservations participants must provide birth date, email address and contact information for each person in the group. Photo identification is required at check-in and reservations are required at least one week in advance. Groups are limited to 75 participants.
To make reservations for groups of six or more or for information, call (941) 722-6621. Groups of sizes five or fewer can book online at www.portmanatee.com.
Port Manatee is located at 300 Tampa Bay Way, in Palmetto.