Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Get a free SunPass Mini on Thursday
- Hearing aid battery giveaway scheduled
- Free sample roundup
- Join the zoo, get a free family meal
- De Soto National Memorial offers free kayak tours
- Florida resident discount this summer at Dinosaur World
- Aquarium discounts admission during Summer Fun Nights
- Crepe Myrtle sale to benefit literacy program
- Free bang and beard trims at JCPenney salons
- Dads admitted free at Mote Aquarium on Sunday
- Free horror movie series this summer in downtown Tampa
- Free healthy eating carnival on Saturday
- Dads admitted free to Henry B. Plant Museum on Father’s Day
- Discounted USF vanity tags available through voucher
- More kid movies on the cheap for summer fun
Free Tijuana Flats entree for teachers
Posted Dec 20, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Dec 20, 2012 at 02:38 PM
Teachers will get a little bit of love from restaurant chain Tijuana Flats during the school winter break.
On Thursday (Dec. 27), teachers can visit any one of the 88 locations and enjoy a free entree, no purchase required.
The event is being called “Teacher Hero Day” and is reported to recur annually.
Restaurants open at 11 a.m. on that day.
Menu items include fish tacos, chicken salad, tostados, quesadillas, enchiladas and more.
Teachers must present proof of teacher status at the register when placing the order.