Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Saturday
- Pet-A-Palooza is free fun for both people and pets
- Military admitted free to Florida Aquarium Memorial Day weekend
- Bright House customers treated to free baseball game
- Free microchipping offered at Animal Health Center
- Two weeks of free bus rides to introduce new rapid route
- Visit the zoo for just $6 this Sunday
- Brides can save big at annual Goodwill gown sale
- Free popcorn with food donation at Tampa Theatre
- Moms bowl free at Splitsville
- Moms treated to free beignets at Second Line Cafe
- Head to Häagen Dazs on Tuesday for a free cone
- Moms treated to free breakfast at McDonald’s
- Moms paint for free at Color Me Mine
Free Tijuana Flats entree for teachers
Posted Dec 20, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Dec 20, 2012 at 02:38 PM
Teachers will get a little bit of love from restaurant chain Tijuana Flats during the school winter break.
On Thursday (Dec. 27), teachers can visit any one of the 88 locations and enjoy a free entree, no purchase required.
The event is being called “Teacher Hero Day” and is reported to recur annually.
Restaurants open at 11 a.m. on that day.
Menu items include fish tacos, chicken salad, tostados, quesadillas, enchiladas and more.
Teachers must present proof of teacher status at the register when placing the order.