Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Free Tijuana Flats entree for teachers
Posted Dec 20, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Dec 20, 2012 at 02:38 PM
Teachers will get a little bit of love from restaurant chain Tijuana Flats during the school winter break.
On Thursday (Dec. 27), teachers can visit any one of the 88 locations and enjoy a free entree, no purchase required.
The event is being called “Teacher Hero Day” and is reported to recur annually.
Restaurants open at 11 a.m. on that day.
Menu items include fish tacos, chicken salad, tostados, quesadillas, enchiladas and more.
Teachers must present proof of teacher status at the register when placing the order.