Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Free teen job seminar
Posted Jul 18, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jul 24, 2012 at 12:17 PM
Update: A second session has been added to the calendar.
Twenty-five spots are available for Tuesday, July 31 from 1 to 3 p.m. at the main Clearwater branch location, 100 N. Osceola Ave. Call (727) 562-4070 for more information.
The Pinellas Public Library system wants to help your teen find a job.
The library cooperative, in conjunction with Junior Achievement and Bank of America, will present “Hire Me! Teen Secrets for Getting a Job” at the Safety Harbor Public Library from 5:30- 8 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 2.
The free program will include information on interviewing skills, resumes and more.
All registered teens will get a free meal and other incentives.
Seats are limited and registration is required. To reserve your spot, call (727) 724-1525, ext. 118.
The library is located at 101 Second St. N., Safety Harbor.