Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Free tax prep at Hillsborough County Extension office
Posted Jan 21, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jan 21, 2013 at 04:39 PM
Need help filing your tax return?
The Hillsborough County Extension Service is offering free tax preparation assistance for those who earned $57,000 or less in 2012.
Filers will be able to access a self-guided tax prep program and get assistance from an IRS certified volunteer.
The free service will be available by appointment only Tuesdays and Thursdays, from noon to 4 p.m. beginning Feb. 5 and running through April 9.
For information, or if you have a disability and need special accommodations, call (813) 744-5519 ext. 54143.
For a list of other free tax prep sites visit myfreetaxes.com/tampa.