Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Free swim lessons for kids
Posted Apr 20, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Apr 23, 2012 at 03:50 PM
The Kiwanis Club of Gulf Beaches and the City of St. Pete Beach is offering free swim lessons for non-swimmers, in grades kindergarten through fifth.
The program, called “Every Child a Swimmer” will take place at the St. Pete Beach Pool, 7701 Boca Ciega Drive.
This free program will teach basic swimming techniques and water safety.
The program runs from May 7 to May 24 with classes held Monday through Thursday of each week at either 5 p.m. or 5:45 p.m.
Registration is limited and those interested can sign up on a first-come basis at the St. Pete Beach Pool from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, May 3.
A parent or guardian must be present to complete paperwork. For information, call (772) 363-9264.