Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- BOGO jump passes this weekend at Airheads
- Ikea “eat for free” deal returns this weekend
- Free Yoga in the park
- Military skate free at United Skates in Tampa
- Books sales offer opportunities to stock up
- Free fishing days coming up soon
- Military admitted free to Lowry Park Zoo
- Donate blood, choose your rewards
- Half price pet adoptions for the holiday weekend
- Plant Museum offering free admission to military, families
- Military treated to free wings on Memorial Day
- Florida Museum of Natural History offers free admission to military
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Memorial Day
- Kids treated to free food, t-shirt and fun at Ikea
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
Free swim lessons for kids
Posted Apr 20, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Apr 23, 2012 at 03:50 PM
The Kiwanis Club of Gulf Beaches and the City of St. Pete Beach is offering free swim lessons for non-swimmers, in grades kindergarten through fifth.
The program, called “Every Child a Swimmer” will take place at the St. Pete Beach Pool, 7701 Boca Ciega Drive.
This free program will teach basic swimming techniques and water safety.
The program runs from May 7 to May 24 with classes held Monday through Thursday of each week at either 5 p.m. or 5:45 p.m.
Registration is limited and those interested can sign up on a first-come basis at the St. Pete Beach Pool from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, May 3.
A parent or guardian must be present to complete paperwork. For information, call (772) 363-9264.