Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Free strings clinic for all-state hopeful orchestra students
Posted Aug 23, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Aug 23, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Middle and high school orchestra students wanting to audition for all-state concert selection can get a free leg-up on their competition.
The Patel Conservatory and The University of Tampa will be holding a free pre-all-state string clinic on Saturday, Sept. 14.
Taught by music professional from UT, the Patel Conservatory and The Florida Orchestra, the instructional clinic will be held at the David A. Straz, Jr. Center for the Performing Arts at the following times:
• 8 to 10 a.m.: middle school students
• 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.: ninth and 10th grades
• 2:30 to 4:30 p.m.: 11th and 12th grades
The free clinics are for students playing a string instrument only.
Included will be tours of both the performing arts center and UT. Attendees may enjoy lunch on the UT campus for a $10 fee.
Reservations are required no later than Sept. 5 by calling by (813) 222-1002.
The David A. Straz, Jr. Center for the Performing Arts is located at 1010 N Macinnes Pl., Tampa.
Time and dates for all-state auditions for students are provided by their school’s music instructor.