Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Ikea “eat for free” deal returns this weekend for holiday shopping
- Kids admitted free at USF sporting events
- Tampa “snow day” is free frosty fun
- Starbucks tumbler comes with free coffee in January
- Turn a toy into a tasty free meal
- Save on Hallmark items with Facebook coupon
- Donate pet food, get a free nail trim
- Clearwater libraries waive fines with donated food
- Whole Foods Carrollwood continues kids-eat-free deal in December
- Donate during Kindness Day, score rewards
- Polk Pet Fest features discounted adoptions, vaccinations
- $5 day at MOSI includes added holiday fun
- Free museum visit, ice skating for military
- Free toothpaste trade-in on Sunday
- Score free PDQ tenders when you wear brown shoes
Free strings clinic for all-state hopeful orchestra students
Posted Aug 23, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Aug 23, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Middle and high school orchestra students wanting to audition for all-state concert selection can get a free leg-up on their competition.
The Patel Conservatory and The University of Tampa will be holding a free pre-all-state string clinic on Saturday, Sept. 14.
Taught by music professional from UT, the Patel Conservatory and The Florida Orchestra, the instructional clinic will be held at the David A. Straz, Jr. Center for the Performing Arts at the following times:
• 8 to 10 a.m.: middle school students
• 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.: ninth and 10th grades
• 2:30 to 4:30 p.m.: 11th and 12th grades
The free clinics are for students playing a string instrument only.
Included will be tours of both the performing arts center and UT. Attendees may enjoy lunch on the UT campus for a $10 fee.
Reservations are required no later than Sept. 5 by calling by (813) 222-1002.
The David A. Straz, Jr. Center for the Performing Arts is located at 1010 N Macinnes Pl., Tampa.
Time and dates for all-state auditions for students are provided by their school’s music instructor.