Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- De Soto National Memorial offers free kayak tours
- Florida resident discount this summer at Dinosaur World
- Aquarium discounts admission during Summer Fun Nights
- Crepe Myrtle sale to benefit literacy program
- Free bang and beard trims at JCPenney salons
- Dads admitted free at Mote Aquarium on Sunday
- Free horror movie series this summer in downtown Tampa
- Free healthy eating carnival on Saturday
- Dads admitted free to Henry B. Plant Museum on Father’s Day
- Discounted USF vanity tags available through voucher
- More kid movies on the cheap for summer fun
- Dads eat free at PDQ on Father’s Day
- Dads treated to free breakfast at McDonald’s
- Dads bowl free at Pin Chasers
- Dads admitted free to Florida Aquarium Father’s Day weekend
Free steak dinner for blood donors
Posted May 2, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated May 2, 2012 at 03:58 PM
We’ve written about several blood donor promotions lately, but this one takes the cake, errr ... steak.
Outback Steakhouse is teaming up Florida Blood Services in an effort to save lives in our community.
Every blood or platelet donor who donates at least two times between May 1 and Aug. 31, will receive a voucher for a free steak dinner courtesy of Outback Steakhouse.
In addition, each donor will be entered into a drawing to win “Outback for a Year” and a suite package from the Tampa Bay Rays.
All donors receive a wellness check-up consisting of blood pressure, pulse, temperature, iron count and a cholesterol screening each time they give blood. Generally, healthy people age 16 or older, who weigh at least 110 pounds can be blood donors. For eligibility information or to find donation locations, visit www.fbsdonor.org.