Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Free steak dinner for blood donors
Posted May 2, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated May 2, 2012 at 03:58 PM
We’ve written about several blood donor promotions lately, but this one takes the cake, errr ... steak.
Outback Steakhouse is teaming up Florida Blood Services in an effort to save lives in our community.
Every blood or platelet donor who donates at least two times between May 1 and Aug. 31, will receive a voucher for a free steak dinner courtesy of Outback Steakhouse.
In addition, each donor will be entered into a drawing to win “Outback for a Year” and a suite package from the Tampa Bay Rays.
All donors receive a wellness check-up consisting of blood pressure, pulse, temperature, iron count and a cholesterol screening each time they give blood. Generally, healthy people age 16 or older, who weigh at least 110 pounds can be blood donors. For eligibility information or to find donation locations, visit www.fbsdonor.org.