Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Plant Museum offering free admission to military, families
- Military treated to free wings on Memorial Day
- Florida Museum of Natural History offers free admission to military
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Memorial Day
- Kids treated to free food, t-shirt and fun at Ikea
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Saturday
- Pet-A-Palooza is free fun for both people and pets
- Military admitted free to Florida Aquarium Memorial Day weekend
- Bright House customers treated to free baseball game
- Free microchipping offered at Animal Health Center
- Two weeks of free bus rides to introduce new rapid route
- Visit the zoo for just $6 this Sunday
- Brides can save big at annual Goodwill gown sale
- Free popcorn with food donation at Tampa Theatre
Free steak dinner for blood donors
Posted May 2, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated May 2, 2012 at 03:58 PM
We’ve written about several blood donor promotions lately, but this one takes the cake, errr ... steak.
Outback Steakhouse is teaming up Florida Blood Services in an effort to save lives in our community.
Every blood or platelet donor who donates at least two times between May 1 and Aug. 31, will receive a voucher for a free steak dinner courtesy of Outback Steakhouse.
In addition, each donor will be entered into a drawing to win “Outback for a Year” and a suite package from the Tampa Bay Rays.
All donors receive a wellness check-up consisting of blood pressure, pulse, temperature, iron count and a cholesterol screening each time they give blood. Generally, healthy people age 16 or older, who weigh at least 110 pounds can be blood donors. For eligibility information or to find donation locations, visit www.fbsdonor.org.