Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Free sports and school physicals for Pinellas students
Posted Jul 3, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jul 3, 2012 at 01:12 PM
Students can be ready for the first day of sports tryouts or the first day of school by getting a physical at no cost now before the back-to-school rush begins.
Two Pinellas County Health Department high school health clinics are offering physicals at no charge this summer to students from kindergarten to 12th grade until Aug. 10.
Another school clinic at Gibbs High School is offering physicals only to students enrolled at the school and their families until July 12.
School and sport physicals at the sites are by appointment only; no walk-ins are accepted. The clinics are open 7:30 a.m. - 2 p.m., Monday - Thursday.
The clinic locations are:
* Gibbs High School Clinic, 850 34th St. St., St. Petersburg, until July 12 for Gibbs students and their families only. Call (727) 893-5452, ext. 2208, to make an appointment.
* Northeast High School Clinic, 5500 16th St. N., St. Petersburg, until Aug. 10 for any student to 12th grade. Call (727) 570-3025 to make an appointment.
* Boca Ciega High School Clinic, 924 58th St. S., Gulfport, until Aug. 10 for any student to 12th grade. Call (727) 893-2780, ext. 2199, to make an appointment.
For information about the Pinellas County Health Department, visit their website at www.PinellasHealth.com.