Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- BOGO jump passes this weekend at Airheads
- Ikea “eat for free” deal returns this weekend
- Free Yoga in the park
- Military skate free at United Skates in Tampa
- Books sales offer opportunities to stock up
- Free fishing days coming up soon
- Military admitted free to Lowry Park Zoo
- Donate blood, choose your rewards
- Half price pet adoptions for the holiday weekend
- Plant Museum offering free admission to military, families
- Military treated to free wings on Memorial Day
- Florida Museum of Natural History offers free admission to military
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Memorial Day
- Kids treated to free food, t-shirt and fun at Ikea
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
Free sports and school physicals for Pinellas students
Posted Jul 3, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jul 3, 2012 at 01:12 PM
Students can be ready for the first day of sports tryouts or the first day of school by getting a physical at no cost now before the back-to-school rush begins.
Two Pinellas County Health Department high school health clinics are offering physicals at no charge this summer to students from kindergarten to 12th grade until Aug. 10.
Another school clinic at Gibbs High School is offering physicals only to students enrolled at the school and their families until July 12.
School and sport physicals at the sites are by appointment only; no walk-ins are accepted. The clinics are open 7:30 a.m. - 2 p.m., Monday - Thursday.
The clinic locations are:
* Gibbs High School Clinic, 850 34th St. St., St. Petersburg, until July 12 for Gibbs students and their families only. Call (727) 893-5452, ext. 2208, to make an appointment.
* Northeast High School Clinic, 5500 16th St. N., St. Petersburg, until Aug. 10 for any student to 12th grade. Call (727) 570-3025 to make an appointment.
* Boca Ciega High School Clinic, 924 58th St. S., Gulfport, until Aug. 10 for any student to 12th grade. Call (727) 893-2780, ext. 2199, to make an appointment.
For information about the Pinellas County Health Department, visit their website at www.PinellasHealth.com.