Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- De Soto National Memorial offers free kayak tours
- Florida resident discount this summer at Dinosaur World
- Aquarium discounts admission during Summer Fun Nights
- Crepe Myrtle sale to benefit literacy program
- Free bang and beard trims at JCPenney salons
- Dads admitted free at Mote Aquarium on Sunday
- Free horror movie series this summer in downtown Tampa
- Free healthy eating carnival on Saturday
- Dads admitted free to Henry B. Plant Museum on Father’s Day
- Discounted USF vanity tags available through voucher
- More kid movies on the cheap for summer fun
- Dads eat free at PDQ on Father’s Day
- Dads treated to free breakfast at McDonald’s
- Dads bowl free at Pin Chasers
- Dads admitted free to Florida Aquarium Father’s Day weekend
Free skin cancer screenings, sunscreen samples
Posted Jul 30, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jul 31, 2012 at 10:16 AM
Moffitt Cancer Center’s Mole Patrol will offer free skin cancer screenings from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday, August 11 at the Clearwater Beach Pier 60 Pavilion. Stop by and get screened by one of Moffitt’s trained professionals.
Oncologists, dermatologists, nurse practitioners and physician assistants assisted by registered nurses will perform the free skin cancer evaluations. If screeners find a suspicious lesion, they will recommend a follow-up appointment with a specialist of your choice.
Sunscreen samples, as well as educational information, will be available.
For more information, call (813) 745-2625 or visit their Facebook page.
The beach pavilion is located at 1 Causeway Blvd., Clearwater.