Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Free skin cancer screenings and giveaways at Saturday’s Rays game
Posted Mar 29, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Mar 29, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Moffitt Cancer Center will be at Tropicana Field on Saturday offering free skin cancer screenings from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. in the parking lot before the Rays vs. Tigers spring training game.
Screeners will look for early signs of skin cancer while promoting sun safety and skin cancer awareness. Screeners will be giving away free t-shirts, Blue Lizard Sunscreen, promotional items and sun safety educational materials.
Tropicana Field is located at 1 Tropicana Dr., St. Petersburg.