Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Free screening of “Girl Rising” documentary
Posted Oct 7, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Oct 7, 2013 at 01:19 PM
In honor of the United Nations’ International Day of the Girl on Friday, Oct. 11, the University of Tampa will screen the award-winning documentary “Girl Rising.”
The free screening, which is open to the public, will be shown at 8 p.m. in Reeves Theater in the Vaughn Center.
“Girl Rising,” spotlights the stories of nine girls born into unforgiving circumstances. The film features remarkable girls like Ruksana, an Indian “pavement-dweller” whose father sacrifices his own basic needs for his daughter’s dreams.
The screening is sponsored by UT’s Department of Communication.
The University of Tampa is located at 401 W Kennedy Blvd, Tampa.