Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Free school physicals and immunizations
Posted Jul 30, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jul 30, 2012 at 11:11 AM
Free back-to-school physicals and immunizations will be available for any school-aged child entering Florida schools for the first time beginning Saturday. The clinics will be held through Aug. 18 at a variety of locations aroung Hillsborough County.
Parents or legal guardians must accompany their children and immunization records are required for children to receive free immunizations. No sports, Head Start, or day care physicals will be available. Appointments are required at some of the locations.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call (813) 443-3048.
• Aug. 4 — Ed and Myrtle Lou Swindle Medical Arts Center, 1601 West Timberlane Drive, Plant City, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (appointment required).
• Aug 4 — Lee Davis Neighborhood Service Center, 3402 North 22nd St., Tampa, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (immunizations in the Hargrett building at 2002 East 26th Ave.), (appointment required).
• Aug. 11 — Blake High School, Project LINK/St. Joseph’s Hospital, 1701 North Boulevard, Tampa, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., (appointment recommended, walk-ins limited).
• Aug. 11 — Tampa General Hospital at HealthPark, 5802 North 30th St., Tampa, 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. (walk-ins only).
• Aug. 11 — SouthShore Community Resource Center, 201 14th Ave. SE, Ruskin, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (appointment required).
• Aug. 18 — University Area Community Health Center, 13601 North 22nd St., Tampa, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (walk-ins only).
• Aug. 18 — Webb Middle School, 6035 Hanley Road, Tampa, 9 a.m. to noon (walk-ins only).