Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Plant Museum offering free admission to military, families
- Military treated to free wings on Memorial Day
- Florida Museum of Natural History offers free admission to military
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Memorial Day
- Kids treated to free food, t-shirt and fun at Ikea
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Saturday
- Pet-A-Palooza is free fun for both people and pets
- Military admitted free to Florida Aquarium Memorial Day weekend
- Bright House customers treated to free baseball game
- Free microchipping offered at Animal Health Center
- Two weeks of free bus rides to introduce new rapid route
- Visit the zoo for just $6 this Sunday
- Brides can save big at annual Goodwill gown sale
- Free popcorn with food donation at Tampa Theatre
Free school physicals and immunizations
Posted Jul 30, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jul 30, 2012 at 11:11 AM
Free back-to-school physicals and immunizations will be available for any school-aged child entering Florida schools for the first time beginning Saturday. The clinics will be held through Aug. 18 at a variety of locations aroung Hillsborough County.
Parents or legal guardians must accompany their children and immunization records are required for children to receive free immunizations. No sports, Head Start, or day care physicals will be available. Appointments are required at some of the locations.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call (813) 443-3048.
• Aug. 4 — Ed and Myrtle Lou Swindle Medical Arts Center, 1601 West Timberlane Drive, Plant City, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (appointment required).
• Aug 4 — Lee Davis Neighborhood Service Center, 3402 North 22nd St., Tampa, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (immunizations in the Hargrett building at 2002 East 26th Ave.), (appointment required).
• Aug. 11 — Blake High School, Project LINK/St. Joseph’s Hospital, 1701 North Boulevard, Tampa, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., (appointment recommended, walk-ins limited).
• Aug. 11 — Tampa General Hospital at HealthPark, 5802 North 30th St., Tampa, 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. (walk-ins only).
• Aug. 11 — SouthShore Community Resource Center, 201 14th Ave. SE, Ruskin, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (appointment required).
• Aug. 18 — University Area Community Health Center, 13601 North 22nd St., Tampa, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (walk-ins only).
• Aug. 18 — Webb Middle School, 6035 Hanley Road, Tampa, 9 a.m. to noon (walk-ins only).