Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Free salon services for prom
Posted Apr 11, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Apr 12, 2012 at 05:02 PM
The Tampa campus of Remington College is offering complimentary student salon services for local high school students going to prom.
The complimentary salon services will be available Friday, May 11 and Saturday, May 12 and Friday, May 18 and Saturday, May 19.
Services offered include updos, manicures, pedicures and makeup for girls and haircuts for guys.
Services will be performed by staff and students currently enrolled in the school’s cosmetology program.
Appointments are recommended and can be made by calling (813)316-4470.
All services will be done in the Cosmetology Department on the Remington College-Tampa Campus, 6302 East Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Tampa.