Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Free rowing class on Sunday
Posted Oct 16, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Oct 16, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Ever want to try your hand at rowing?
Get a taste of it for free this Sunday beginning at 8 a.m. courtesy of The Stewards. The lessons conclude at 11 a.m.
The Stewards classes are designed to give everyone a feel for the sport and no previous athletic experience is required except for the ability to swim.
Children as young as 12 are welcome to participate, accompanied by a parent.
Instruction will include how to handle a boat and oars, the parts of the stroke on a rowing machine and then time on the water.
Reservations for a class are on a first come- first served basis and are limited to one lesson per person. To sign up, contact Coach Steve White at (813) 505-2666 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . For more information, visit http://www.RowTampa.com.
The Stewards Boat House is located at 1007 North Blvd., downtown Tampa.