Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Free root beer floats next week
Posted Jul 29, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jul 30, 2013 at 09:53 AM
Celebrate National Root Beer Float Day with a free frosty treat on Tuesday, Aug 6.
Anyone visiting a participating A&W restaurant between 2 p.m. and that store’s closing time will receive one small root beer float free of charge. No purchase is necessary.
In return, they will be asked to make a donation to the nonprofit organization, the Wounded Warrior Project. The WWP supports a full range of programs and services for this generation of Wounded Warriors and their families.
To find the participating location nearest you, visit http://www.awrestaurants.com/.