Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Free ride home for impaired Halloween motorists
Posted Oct 30, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Oct 31, 2012 at 03:31 PM
Don’t let your Halloween fun and revelry turn into a nightmare on Elm Street.
Partiers who have had too much to drink have an alternative to getting behind the wheel of their cars on Halloween night and through the weekend of Nov. 1, 2 and 3.
AAA auto club and Bud Light have teamed together to provide free car towing and rides home to impaired motorists.
The program, called Tow To Go, is offered free to both AAA members and non-members.
Florida residents who are unsafe to drive should just call (855) 286-9246 to arrange their safe ride home.
The service provides a confidential local ride within a 10-mile radius to a safe location, taking both the vehicle and driver home
The service is designed to be used as a last resort and is offered based on availability of AAA Service Technicians and tow trucks during times of high call volume.
For information, visit the Two To Go website.