Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- De Soto National Memorial offers free kayak tours
- Florida resident discount this summer at Dinosaur World
- Aquarium discounts admission during Summer Fun Nights
- Crepe Myrtle sale to benefit literacy program
- Free bang and beard trims at JCPenney salons
- Dads admitted free at Mote Aquarium on Sunday
- Free horror movie series this summer in downtown Tampa
- Free healthy eating carnival on Saturday
- Dads admitted free to Henry B. Plant Museum on Father’s Day
- Discounted USF vanity tags available through voucher
- More kid movies on the cheap for summer fun
- Dads eat free at PDQ on Father’s Day
- Dads treated to free breakfast at McDonald’s
- Dads bowl free at Pin Chasers
- Dads admitted free to Florida Aquarium Father’s Day weekend
Free ride home for impaired Halloween motorists
Posted Oct 30, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Oct 31, 2012 at 03:31 PM
Don’t let your Halloween fun and revelry turn into a nightmare on Elm Street.
Partiers who have had too much to drink have an alternative to getting behind the wheel of their cars on Halloween night and through the weekend of Nov. 1, 2 and 3.
AAA auto club and Bud Light have teamed together to provide free car towing and rides home to impaired motorists.
The program, called Tow To Go, is offered free to both AAA members and non-members.
Florida residents who are unsafe to drive should just call (855) 286-9246 to arrange their safe ride home.
The service provides a confidential local ride within a 10-mile radius to a safe location, taking both the vehicle and driver home
The service is designed to be used as a last resort and is offered based on availability of AAA Service Technicians and tow trucks during times of high call volume.
For information, visit the Two To Go website.