Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- BOGO jump passes this weekend at Airheads
- Ikea “eat for free” deal returns this weekend
- Free Yoga in the park
- Military skate free at United Skates in Tampa
- Books sales offer opportunities to stock up
- Free fishing days coming up soon
- Military admitted free to Lowry Park Zoo
- Donate blood, choose your rewards
- Half price pet adoptions for the holiday weekend
- Plant Museum offering free admission to military, families
- Military treated to free wings on Memorial Day
- Florida Museum of Natural History offers free admission to military
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Memorial Day
- Kids treated to free food, t-shirt and fun at Ikea
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
Free rain barrels for St. Pete residents
Posted May 24, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated May 24, 2012 at 02:37 PM
Tampa Bay Living Green, in cooperation with the Council of Neighborhood Associations and support of the Southwest Florida Water Management District, will conduct a waterwise
Tampa Bay Living Green is giving away free wildflower seeds and rain barrels to the public.
In order to receive a free rain barrel, residents must participate in a workshop to learn about changes they can make in their landscape to protect the environment.
The rain barrels retail between $35 and $50.
The schedule for the giveaways is as follows:
June 2, 9 a.m. Bayou Highlands N.A. at Boyd Hill Preserve - 1101 Country Club Way South
June 19, 7 p.m. Lakewood Estates Civic at SP Country Club - 2000 Country Club Way South
June 23, 9 a.m. Campbell Park N.A. at Booker Creek Preserve - 601 14th St. South
July 14, 9 a.m. Bahama Shores N.A. at Little Bayou Preserve - Park at Fourth Street and 54th Avenue South
July 18, 6 p.m. CONA at The Sunshine Center - 330 Fifth St. North
July 24, 9 a.m. Greater Pinellas Pt. Civic at Blessed Trinity - 1600 54th Ave. South
For information, visit TampaBayLivingGreen.com.