Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Saturday
- Pet-A-Palooza is free fun for both people and pets
- Military admitted free to Florida Aquarium Memorial Day weekend
- Bright House customers treated to free baseball game
- Free microchipping offered at Animal Health Center
- Two weeks of free bus rides to introduce new rapid route
- Visit the zoo for just $6 this Sunday
- Brides can save big at annual Goodwill gown sale
- Free popcorn with food donation at Tampa Theatre
- Moms bowl free at Splitsville
- Moms treated to free beignets at Second Line Cafe
- Head to Häagen Dazs on Tuesday for a free cone
- Moms treated to free breakfast at McDonald’s
- Moms paint for free at Color Me Mine
Free rabies shots on Sunday
Posted Nov 8, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Nov 8, 2012 at 02:45 PM
SPCA Florida is providing 1,000 free rabies vaccinations for dogs and cats through the end of the year through its Wellness Wagon mobile veterinary clinic.
SPCA Florida will provide free rabies vaccinations every Sunday beginning, November 11, through the end of the year in low-income areas.
The first location of the free rabies vaccination clinic is at Eagle Ridge Mall in front of the food court, 451 Eagle Ridge Drive, Lake Wales.
The vaccination clinic will take place from noon to 5 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 11.
Additional locations and times can be found by visiting the SPCA Florida website.
To qualify for the free rabies vaccinations for dogs and cats, the animal guardian must demonstrate proof of participating in one of the following needs-based public assistance programs: Children’s Health Insurance Plan (CHIP), Major VA Disability, Food Stamps, Medicaid, Free Lunch Program (Public Schools), Social Security Disability (SSD), Women, Infants, and Children (WIC), HUD Section 8 Housing, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF).
Dogs should be leashed and cats in carriers.