Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Free ‘Pops In the Park’ concerts this weekend
Posted Oct 17, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Oct 17, 2012 at 09:10 AM
Pack a picnic basket to enjoy free Pops in the Park concerts this weekend in Tampa Bay.
The concerts take place on Saturday, Oct. 20, at 7 p.m. at the St. Petersburg’s Vinoy Park, 701 Bayshore Drive Northeast and at 7 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 21 at River Tower Park, 401 E. Bird St., Tampa.
Stuart Chafetz conducts the Florida Orchestra in a varied program of popular favorites by John Phillips Sousa, selections from “A Chorus Line” and “Mission Impossible,” and more.
Tampa Bay Harvest will be collecting donated canned goods for their food bank at the concerts.