Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Free pet shots in Riverview
Posted Oct 23, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Oct 23, 2012 at 10:02 AM
On Saturday, Nov. 3, the Humane Society of Tampa Bay will host a free shot clinic for dogs and cats.
The free event will take place at the International Independent Showmen’s Association, located at 6915 Riverview Dr., in Riverview from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m..
Standard vaccinations, including Rabies, will be available at no charge to the first 1,000 pets in line belonging to Hillsborough residents. Proof of residency is required. Dogs must be on leashes and cats in carriers at all times.
Hillsborough County Animal Services will also be on site and offering free licenses with proof of residence for residents of the following zip codes: 33579, 33547 or 33578.
Dogs and cats must be at least eight weeks old to receive DA2PP/FVRCP vaccines and at least three months old to receive Rabies vaccinations.
For more information, visit humanesocietytampa.org/shotclinics or call (813) 367-2078.