Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Get a free SunPass Mini on Thursday
- Hearing aid battery giveaway scheduled
- Free sample roundup
- Join the zoo, get a free family meal
- De Soto National Memorial offers free kayak tours
- Florida resident discount this summer at Dinosaur World
- Aquarium discounts admission during Summer Fun Nights
- Crepe Myrtle sale to benefit literacy program
- Free bang and beard trims at JCPenney salons
- Dads admitted free at Mote Aquarium on Sunday
- Free horror movie series this summer in downtown Tampa
- Free healthy eating carnival on Saturday
- Dads admitted free to Henry B. Plant Museum on Father’s Day
- Discounted USF vanity tags available through voucher
- More kid movies on the cheap for summer fun
Free Outback appetizer on Jan. 2
Posted Dec 28, 2012 by Carl Lisciandrello
Updated Dec 28, 2012 at 09:12 AM
Whether South Carolina or Michigan wins the Outback Bowl at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa on New Year’s Day, all fans heading to an Outback restaurant the next day will also be a winner.
The bowl sponsor is offering a free appetizer to patrons on Jan. 2, but what they’ll get depends on which team wins the 1 p.m. game.
If South Carolina wins, customers get a free Bloomin’ Onion. If it’s Michigan, they’ll get coconut shrimp. Just be sure to mention the Outback Bowl when ordering.
Who (or in this case, which appetizer) will you be rooting for? Let Outback know by sending your tweet to #TeamBloominOnion or #TeamCoconutShrimp.