Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Free Outback appetizer on Jan. 2
Posted Dec 28, 2012 by Carl Lisciandrello
Updated Dec 28, 2012 at 09:12 AM
Whether South Carolina or Michigan wins the Outback Bowl at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa on New Year’s Day, all fans heading to an Outback restaurant the next day will also be a winner.
The bowl sponsor is offering a free appetizer to patrons on Jan. 2, but what they’ll get depends on which team wins the 1 p.m. game.
If South Carolina wins, customers get a free Bloomin’ Onion. If it’s Michigan, they’ll get coconut shrimp. Just be sure to mention the Outback Bowl when ordering.
Who (or in this case, which appetizer) will you be rooting for? Let Outback know by sending your tweet to #TeamBloominOnion or #TeamCoconutShrimp.