Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Free oil change for school supplies donation
Posted Jul 10, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jul 17, 2012 at 02:13 PM
If your car is needing some service, specifically a routine oil change, make an appointment to do some good at the same time.
Ice Cold Air on South Dale Mabry is offering a free basic oil change when you donate some school supplies to needy children.
Individuals who donate at least $15 in new school supplies between now and July 31st will be given a free oil change or
a gift certificate towards any repair or service at the shop.
At the conclusion of the promotion the supplies will be placed in backpacks and given to disadvantaged children.
Appointments are suggested and can be arranged by calling (813) 879-0600. The shop is open Monday - Friday from 7:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 7:30 a.m. until 2 p.m.
The free oil change promotion runs through Tuesday, July 31.
The shop is located at 410 S. Dale Mabry Hwy., Tampa.