Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Free museum visit, ice skating for military
Posted Dec 3, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Dec 3, 2013 at 10:48 AM
All active-duty military, reservists, veterans and their families will receive free admission to the Tampa Museum of Art on Military Appreciation Day.
The event takes place on Saturday, Dec. 14 from 11 a.m. until 5 p.m.
In addition to the museum’s art collection, guests can enjoy:
• WaterVentures Learning Lab mobile science center
• Drop-in children’s art activities from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m.
• Docent tour at 1 p.m.
• Hot cocoa tastings
Offer can be claimed by presenting valid military ID at the ticket counter.
After visiting the museum, military children can also enjoy free ice skating at Tampa’s Downtown on Ice. A stamp from the museum is required to claim the deal.
Tampa Museum of Art is located at 120 W Gasparilla Plaza, Tampa.