Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Free movie in the park
Posted Dec 26, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Dec 26, 2012 at 10:15 AM
Families can enjoy an inexpensive night out together this coming weekend.
Screen on the Green, the popular movie series held in Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park, will be offering a free screening of the 2011 film “Puss in Boots” on Friday, Dec. 28 at 7 p.m.
Nearby, Tampa’s Downtown on Ice, the Bay area’s only outdoor ice skating rink, is open until 10 p.m. Skating is $10 for 90 minutes and includes skates.
Concessions will be available in the park. Blankets, low chairs, coolers and pets on leashes are permitted.
The park is located at 600 N. Ashley Dr., Tampa.