Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Celebrate Christmas like the pioneers at Pinellas fest
- Tour Christmas lights in the gardens
- Ikea “eat for free” deal returns this weekend for holiday shopping
- Kids admitted free at USF sporting events
- Tampa “snow day” is free frosty fun
- Starbucks tumbler comes with free coffee in January
- Turn a toy into a tasty free meal
- Save on Hallmark items with Facebook coupon
- Donate pet food, get a free nail trim
- Clearwater libraries waive fines with donated food
- Whole Foods Carrollwood continues kids-eat-free deal in December
- Donate during Kindness Day, score rewards
- Polk Pet Fest features discounted adoptions, vaccinations
- $5 day at MOSI includes added holiday fun
- Free museum visit, ice skating for military
Free meal for veterans, military from Olive Garden
Posted Nov 6, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Nov 8, 2012 at 09:47 AM
As a token of appreciation, Olive Garden restaurants want to honor veterans and active duty military with a free meal on Veteran’s Day.
On Sunday (Nov.11), those with proof of military service can choose one of six meals for free.
The options include unlimited soup, salad and breadsticks, chicken parmigiana, cheese ravioli, seafood alfredo and more.
Olive Garden restaurants are open for lunch and dinner from 11 a.m. until 10 p.m.
There are eight locations in the Tampa Bay area.