Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Free Manatee shelter pets
Posted Dec 28, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Dec 28, 2012 at 11:24 AM
Manatee County Animal Services is offering free dogs and cats for adoption through Saturday, Dec. 29.
All pets adopted will receive a health check, be spayed/neutered, be vaccinated and microchipped and all normal adoption fees are waived.
Manatee County residents are required to purchase a license certificate/tag, which is $15.
Pet adoptables are available at the location in Palmetto at 305 25th St. W. and in Bradenton at 1002 Manatee Ave. W.
The Bradenton shelter is open until 4 p.m. today and from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. on Saturday. The Palmetto location is open until 4 p.m. both days.
For more information, call (941) 742-5933.