Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Free mammograms for first-timers
Posted Oct 2, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Oct 2, 2013 at 10:52 AM
October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month and Florida Hospital Carrollwood is celebrating.
The Tampa hospital is offering a free mammogram through Nov. 30 to any woman who has never had the screening.
To qualify, you must register online at http://www.jointhepinkarmy.com. The registration is subject to hospital verification.
For women who do normally get the yearly screening, Florida Hospital Carrollwood is also offering discounted mammograms for $76.00, cash only. To qualify for this discounted price, you must sign up at http://www.jointhepinkarmy.com and have your mammogram scheduled by Nov. 30. The procedure must take place by Dec. 31, 2014.
The American Cancer Society recommends that women age 40 and above get an annual mammogram. Women with a history of breast cancer in their family should start getting the screening at age 35.
Florida Hospital Carrollwood is located at 7171 N Dale Mabry Hwy., Tampa.