Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Ikea “eat for free” deal returns this weekend for holiday shopping
- Kids admitted free at USF sporting events
- Tampa “snow day” is free frosty fun
- Starbucks tumbler comes with free coffee in January
- Turn a toy into a tasty free meal
- Save on Hallmark items with Facebook coupon
- Donate pet food, get a free nail trim
- Clearwater libraries waive fines with donated food
- Whole Foods Carrollwood continues kids-eat-free deal in December
- Donate during Kindness Day, score rewards
- Polk Pet Fest features discounted adoptions, vaccinations
- $5 day at MOSI includes added holiday fun
- Free museum visit, ice skating for military
- Free toothpaste trade-in on Sunday
- Score free PDQ tenders when you wear brown shoes
Free mammograms for first-timers
Posted Oct 2, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Oct 2, 2013 at 10:52 AM
October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month and Florida Hospital Carrollwood is celebrating.
The Tampa hospital is offering a free mammogram through Nov. 30 to any woman who has never had the screening.
To qualify, you must register online at http://www.jointhepinkarmy.com. The registration is subject to hospital verification.
For women who do normally get the yearly screening, Florida Hospital Carrollwood is also offering discounted mammograms for $76.00, cash only. To qualify for this discounted price, you must sign up at http://www.jointhepinkarmy.com and have your mammogram scheduled by Nov. 30. The procedure must take place by Dec. 31, 2014.
The American Cancer Society recommends that women age 40 and above get an annual mammogram. Women with a history of breast cancer in their family should start getting the screening at age 35.
Florida Hospital Carrollwood is located at 7171 N Dale Mabry Hwy., Tampa.