Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Free lunch on Friday for Lightning fans
Posted Jan 17, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jan 17, 2013 at 01:25 PM
The Tampa Bay Lightning want their fans back.
After a months-long lockout that delayed the start of the professional hockey season, things are finally getting back to normal and practices are resuming.
During the Friday (Jan. 18) practice, the team will be hosting a free lunch for fans from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The lunch will include hot dogs, Italian sausages, hamburgers, chips, sodas and water and will be held at the west plaza of the Forum.
Open practice will begin at 11:30 a.m., offering fans the chance to see the Bolts one last time before the regular season opens on Saturday night against the Washington Capitals at 7 p.m.
The event will also feature a merchandise warehouse sale with discounts of more than 50 percent.
The Lightning Girls and ThunderBug will be available for photo opportunities.
Free parking will be available in the west lot on a first-come-first-served-basis.
The Forum is located at 401 Channelside Drive, Tampa.