Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- De Soto National Memorial offers free kayak tours
- Florida resident discount this summer at Dinosaur World
- Aquarium discounts admission during Summer Fun Nights
- Crepe Myrtle sale to benefit literacy program
- Free bang and beard trims at JCPenney salons
- Dads admitted free at Mote Aquarium on Sunday
- Free horror movie series this summer in downtown Tampa
- Free healthy eating carnival on Saturday
- Dads admitted free to Henry B. Plant Museum on Father’s Day
- Discounted USF vanity tags available through voucher
- More kid movies on the cheap for summer fun
- Dads eat free at PDQ on Father’s Day
- Dads treated to free breakfast at McDonald’s
- Dads bowl free at Pin Chasers
- Dads admitted free to Florida Aquarium Father’s Day weekend
Free lunch on Friday for Lightning fans
Posted Jan 17, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jan 17, 2013 at 01:25 PM
The Tampa Bay Lightning want their fans back.
After a months-long lockout that delayed the start of the professional hockey season, things are finally getting back to normal and practices are resuming.
During the Friday (Jan. 18) practice, the team will be hosting a free lunch for fans from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The lunch will include hot dogs, Italian sausages, hamburgers, chips, sodas and water and will be held at the west plaza of the Forum.
Open practice will begin at 11:30 a.m., offering fans the chance to see the Bolts one last time before the regular season opens on Saturday night against the Washington Capitals at 7 p.m.
The event will also feature a merchandise warehouse sale with discounts of more than 50 percent.
The Lightning Girls and ThunderBug will be available for photo opportunities.
Free parking will be available in the west lot on a first-come-first-served-basis.
The Forum is located at 401 Channelside Drive, Tampa.