Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Free kids fun at Lowe’s
Posted Dec 31, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jan 4, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Lowe’s home improvement stores offers free “Build and Grow” projects for kids on a regular basis.
Just enter your zip code to see if the project is offered at your preferred location and if any spots to participate remain. Registration is required.
Currently on the calendar there is a “mystery” project scheduled for Saturday (Jan. 12) and a “Wheel Of Love” project for Saturday, Feb. 9. Both activities start at 10 a.m. There is no charge to participate.
Projects are recommended for kids in grades first and up and teach children how to follow instructions and finish a task to completion.