Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Cheap kids crafts celebrate moms, Mother Earth
Posted Apr 4, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Apr 4, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Michael’s Crafts stores offer a weekly craft for kids on Saturdays starting at 10 a.m.
The half hour sessions cost just $2 per child to participate and a new session starts every half hour until 11:30 a.m.
Upcoming projects and themes include a Mother’s Day memory frame, an Earth friendly fox and a “Thanks For Helping Me Grow” clay pot.
To see if your local Michael’s Crafts store participates, visit their site locator at www.michaels.com/.
For a project schedule, visit www.michaels.com/Kids-Store-Events/store-events-kids,default,pg.html