Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Free (Italian) Ice, Ice Baby!
Posted Mar 15, 2012 by Carl Lisciandrello
Updated Mar 15, 2012 at 01:40 PM
For the 20th consecutive year, Rita’s Italian Ice will celebrate the first day of spring by serving free ices all day on March 20.
Guests will receive a free ice of their choice, including cherry, lemon, mango and Swedish fish. And if ice cream is more your taste, Rita’s offers “cream ice” flavors such as iced coffee, chocolate chip cheesecake and root beer float.
Stores open at 10 a.m. at most locations. Rita’s has locations in Riverview, Seminole, Lakeland, New Port Richey, Brooksville, and two in Clearwater.