Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Free ice cream on Wednesday
Posted Jul 23, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jul 23, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Visitors to Tampa’s downtown park and playground can cool off in Curtis Hixon Park with free Blue Bell Ice Cream on Wednesday, July 24.
From 11 a.m. until 1 p.m Blue Bell staffers will be serving free cups of Dutch Chocolate and Homemade Vanilla to guests at the park while supplies last.
The Blue Bell trailer will be parked near the splash fountain, so bring your swim suit so you can cool off before or after your sweet treat.
Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park is located at 600 North Ashley Dr., Tampa.
The park also has a sand volleyball court and playground equipment for other free outdoor fun.