Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Free health checks and more at 8 On Your Side expo
Posted Feb 19, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Feb 19, 2013 at 01:45 PM
Get some free health checkup services and other goodies at this weekend’s 8 On Your Side Health & Fitness Expo.
The event is in advance and serves as a warm-up for the Gasparilla Distance Classic.
Free and open to the public, the expo takes place beginning on Friday, Feb. 22, from 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. and resumes Saturday, Feb. 23, 5:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The health expo is located at the Tampa Convention Center in the east hall.
Tampa General Hospital will offer free blood pressure testing and screenings for blood sugar and cholesterol levels on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Vendors present will offer giveaways, discounted fitness merchandise and demos.
Tampa Convention Center is located at 333 S Franklin St., in downtown Tampa.