Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Free haircuts for kids
Posted Jul 5, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jul 12, 2012 at 01:04 PM
Remington College-Tampa Campus Cosmetology Program is offering complimentary back-to-school haircuts for children this summer.
The special offer begins Monday, August 6 and runs through Saturday, August 18.
Parents can bring in children ages 17 and younger for a free haircut provided by instructors and students in the cosmetology program.
To schedule an appointment, call (813) 316-4470.
Walk-ins are also accepted.
The salon is open Monday - Thursday: 9 a.m. - 2:30 p.m., Friday 9 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
The Salon at Remington is located at 6302 E. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd., Suite 400 in Tampa.